In June 2021, the 1990 MBA Class of IESE Business School organised a seminar on China, where our CEO, Tom Van der Heyden, gave a keynote speech on doing business with China, both imports and exports.
Other speakers covered:
• China’s technological leadership in various industries
• Commercial tensions between China and Australia
• A management consultant’s view after 10 years working in China
Afterwards, Adrian Pryce DL, Director of S3UK Ltd, like Tom an MBA from IESE and someone who has been visiting China regularly since 2012, moderated a lively debate, with the general conclusions being that:
• China is more complex and nuanced than might at first appear
• It is essential that the West engages with and understands China, which is still the ‘factory of the world’.